Our Champions are thought leaders who have voluntarily dedicated their time to upload content, manage information, and moderate discussions on the CoP site. Our Champion must have demonstrated expertise in the appropriate areas of Urban WASH sector they wish to lead. Champions would be the facilitators of discourse on the platform on the designated area
To become a Champion, please sign up for an account.
Learning ChampionsThere is space for ground-breaking solutions to problems in the urban WASH sector in Nigeria. Our learning champions ensure that community members, sector practitioners, institutions, and stakeholders have access to emerging and cutting-edge ideas and solutions to problems through their work and pave the way for new learning and adoption of best practices within the sector. Individuals and organisations that devise new ways of working and provide direction for resolution of complex problems in urban WASH qualify to become Learning Champions. Our champions ensure availability of relevant resources, engender and sustain discussions among members of the CoP, and create strategies to identify and reach out to key players in the sector. Our learning champions will serve on the Editorial Board of the CoP.
Reform ChampionsOur reform champions are individuals, groups and organisations at the forefront of our advocacy efforts. They push for improvement and development as well as break down barriers that impede progress in the urban WASH sector. If you are a Civil Society Organisation active in the urban WASH sector, an individual interested in urban WASH, or a group or community passionate about providing solutions to issues bothering the urban WASH sector, you have the potential to become a Reform Champion. Our Reform Champions should be active in the online community, oversee the upload of relevant materials, and ensure that sector reform issues highlighted and discussed are engaging and dynamic.
Thematic ChampionsOur key thematic areas include:
- Effective Service Delivery;
- Corporate Governance and Social Accountability;
- Citizen’s Engagement; and,
- Urban Sanitation and Hygiene.
- Champions should be able to undertake all the responsibilities listed in the description.
- The Championship is not an award, it is voluntary service to the Community of Practice.
- Champions should be able to dedicate time to management of content on the site.
- Champions should be able to moderate online discussions and debates.
- The role of Champion is not infinite, to give others the opportunity to contribute. Championship will only be two year terms.
- Champions who are unable to function effectively for any reason should indicate immediately otherwise they will be relieved of the function