A Steering Committee has been set up to provide governance and oversight to the CoP.
The Steering Committee is made up of seasoned and respected WASH professionals with proven track records The members of the CoP are deemed to have met the following selection criteria:
- Are Nigerian nationals;
- Committed to the goals of the CoP, Reform-oriented;
- Willing to dedicate time to meet virtually or in person and to share and disseminate knowledge;
- Willing to help the CoP evolve as needed; and,
- Committed to ensuring that the CoP is recognized by utilities’ senior management as a useful resource.
Members of the Steering Committee comprise a conglomerate of individuals working in the WASH sector, including utilities, media, CSOs, and academia.
The members of the steering committee are:
- Hossana John Dajan – Institutional Development Expert for the World Bank-assisted National 3rd Urban Water Sector Reform Project – CoP Chairman;
- Judith Ibiada Warmate – Water Engineer at Port-Harcourt Water Corporation in Rivers State – CoP Secretary;
- Chinedum Emmanuel Uwaegbulam – Property and Environmental Editor and Journalist at The Guardian, Nigeria – CoP Knowledge Manager;
- Belema Ogbuigwe – Executive Director, Center for Information & Development (CFID) – CoP Knowledge Manager;
- Dubagari Alebura Abisabo – Director of Water for the Ministry of Agriculture and Water Resources in Lafia, Nigeria and Acting President of the Nigerian Water Supply Association;
- Cordelia Ngozi Okafo – Head of Water Supply and Sanitation at the National Water Resources Institute in Kaduna, Nigeria;
- John Eutychus – Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and the Acting Director for Corporate Planning for the Kaduna State Water Corporation;
- Anthony Johnson Akpan – Founder/President, Pan African Vision for the Environment (PAVE);
- Mary Omble Wuya – a Gender Specialist and Founder of Organized Center for Empowerment and Advocacy in Nigeria (OCEAN), Jos; and
- Sani Jauro Adamu – Director General, Ahmed Kawu Heart for Children Initiative Gombe, Geography Lecturer, Gombe University and Member of NEWSAN Executive Board.
Adviser to the CoP Steering Committee:
- Engineer Ajisegiri Benson – Director of Water Supply and Public Private Partnership, Federal Ministry of Water Resources, Abuja, Nigeria